Reader Response: Flexi Rod Curled Twists by Hanna Kifle

 Hanna has been wanting to try flexi rods for quite some time. She finally purchased some and wanted to share with us how they work for her on her twists!

1. Did you do this style on wet or stretched hair?

Stretched dry hair. 

 2. What products did you use?

I used Creme of Nature Shampoo/Conditioner, Pink Hair Lotion, Bergamot Hair Grease, Creme of Nature Edge Control w/ Argan Oil, & argan oil diluted with water as a moistening spray while twisting and before putting the flexi rods in.


3. How long did this style take you? 

2-2.5 hours (rough estimate)



4. How many flexi-rods did you use?

10


5. How long do you plan to keep in this style?

Perhaps up to 2 weeks, depending on how well it maintains; I plan to wear a twist out the last few days.


6. How did you like the results? 

I love the results! This style was easy for me to do, although it took more time than I usually spend on my hair...but I know it will last!. What I like is that it's a "flexible" style: I can wear it to church, to school, to work. Up or down, to the side. The best part is it is CUTE and it is HEALTHY for my hair! Thanks for the inspiration, Kendra♥


7. Tell us how you feel about discovering new styles and developing a greater understanding of hair care of maintenance.

It's a fun journey :) As Christians, we know that moderation is of great importance in every aspect of our lives. In terms of hair, I'm discovering this can go both ways: one can spend too much time and give too much attention to hair or vice versa. In both cases, there isn't balance. I fell into the latter category and so, as I discover and make steps toward taking care of my hair better by using protective styles, I keep this principle in mind and encourage myself (or go to Kendra's blog for encouragement!) to keep taking steps in this natural journey.



8. You are a nursing student, you work, and have a lot of church responsibilities. How do you find time to do your hair? 

 I don't usually find time...I make time. And I get creative :) For example, I started twisting my hair in the car (no, I was not driving lol). I continued to twist while studying. Or I just designate a time (usually the evening) to just do it! With the styles I do, the time spent is well worth it since I don't have to "do" my hair again for the next few days.



No comments :

Post a Comment