Hair Update: July 2011

What have I learned about my hair this month?


I have learned that my hair likes being in a consistent routine. It has taken me two years but I have finally nailed down a consistent regimen that I stick to.

I also learned how I had forgotten that my hair likes a good ole hot oil treatment. When I did this two weeks ago, I washed my hair, applied the hot oil treatment, pulled my hair into a bun for outreach - then rinsed it out and conditioned 2-3 hours later when I got home. My hair was soft and very moisturized. I will try to do this bi-monthly. For my hot oil treatments I use:

  • Water
  • Honey
  • Olive oil
  • Lime Juice


I am also learning that I can do what I need to do with my hair in an efficient way. It doesn’t have to be in all one session and it doesn’t need to take 6 hours! I have been able to nail my shampoo down to 10 minutes (a good thorough shampoo). It goes so fast because I section my hair and use an applicator bottle.

Conditioning and detangling in the shower takes roughly 7-10 minutes with the Giovanni conditioner. Deep conditioning takes the longest at 45 minutes to 1 hour. However, I will be purchasing a dryer cap.


This will shorten my deep conditioning time from 15-20 minutes! I am all about time management these days.

What new products have I used?

Giovanni 50/50 hydrating-calming conditioner.It is marvelous! You can read the product review to see how this product works. I have made a goal not to purchase any new products until I use up what I have, so I have only used one new product!

What new products do I have my eyes on?

I have my eyes on a new shampoo but I am not sure which one! I am still researching. In addition, when I run out of my bioinfusion leave in conditioner I will be purchasing Giovanni triple threat leave in conditioner. I am so pleased with the conditioner that I want the leave in too :)


Have I noticed any growth?

Yes I have. It isn’t even significant to me until I look at old pictures. I must say that moreso than noticing growth, I have noticed a change in my hair health. My hair is very healthy!

Advice for the month?

Get your hair in a routine and regimen. You , and your tresses, will be much happier with life.

No comments :

Post a Comment