Style Points: Box Braids

Hello there ladies! I haven't done box braids in a while. But I decided on this style when I washed my hair. I plan on taking them out in a few days for a braid out, depending on how I feel. I definitely like the convenience of them.

Why box braids?

  • Great protective style
  • Easy maintenance
  • Stretches hair (better than twists in my opinion)
  • Clean and neat style 
  • You can wash/co-wash your hair with them in 
  • Transitioning-friendly hair style

How did I do it?

  • Start with freshly washed and de-tangled hair
  • Use some type of moisturizing and styling product for moisture and hold. 
    • I used shea moisture curl enhancing smoothie and bioinfusion olive oil leave in conditioner
  • Braid to the size of your choice
  • When I get to the ends of the braids, I curl them around my finger for a nice finish on my braid out
  • It took me 1 hour and 15 minutes for a medium size 

How do I maintain this look?

  • In the evening, moisturize with about a nickel size of oil (I use jojoba) 
  • Tie it up and go to bed!
How long can I leave them in?
A week to a month there is great flexibility with this style. In the past I have done these smaller and left them in for a month. The great thing about them is that you can wash them with limited frizzing. 

Transitioning-friendly? What do you mean?
Transitioning in 2009
This was one of my favorite transitioning styles. As you can see in the pictures below, my ends are still relaxed. I didn't always braid them all the way down either which is another option. However, this style kept my hair up and out of the way. It was versatile with styling options, easy to wash and ended in a cute braid out when I finally took them out!





Do I do them on wet or dry hair?

I did mine on wet hair this time but you can do it on wet or dry hair! It is up to you :)


 So give box braids a try! God bless you!

Sorry for the car pics- I am always on the go! But I love ya'll and this blog so I get my pics in however I can :) LOVES!

No comments :

Post a Comment